.


21 oktober 2014

I I T T A L A __________ annaleena + kuukuna








When I was asked to show Iitalas new lamp kuukuna at my blog, I didn't hesitate. Partly because I grew up with Finnish design and the strong clean expression that Iitala represents, but also because Kuukuna lamp is as if created especially for my home and my style. I love the round organic form and the fact that it is handmade by a glass-blower, which gives it high quality as well as a simple and timeless design. I fell for its pleasant design, but especially its light. Kuukuna lamp glows with a unique warm shade when you turn it on.
Kuukuna was originally designed in 1986 by the master craftsman Oiva Toikka and made by expert glass blowers in Iittala’s atmospheric Finnish workshops.  And now Iittala has dug into its archives and decided to resurrect this mouth-blown glass light. Im very happy for that.



4 kommentarer:

  1. I have 2 similar lamps that I bought years ago at Åhléns, Stockholm. Can be seen here http://www.ninisworld.com/wordpress/?p=4206.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Nice Blog , This is what I exactly Looking for , Keep sharing more blog .
    inner wall tiles

    SvaraRadera