.


4 november 2012

INTERIOR _________faye toogood










The most difficult question that I get sometimes is what is trendy right now or not. Sure we are all inspired by others but I belive that true creativity begins in the heart and from a freedom of thought where everything is allowed. Therefore, there is no right and wrong when it comes to art and furnishings. Like Faye Toogood the incredibly talented British interior designer who creates interior design with courage and curiosity. All of her pieces are handmade by small-scale fabricators and traditional artisans, with an honesty to the rawness and irregularity of the chosen material. Her interior design shows the way away from trend slavery and current trends. What she creates is freedom from all that is allowed or not!

all images from fayetoogood.com with thanks

3 kommentarer:

  1. Takk for ordene du deler: "creativity begins in the heart and from a freedom of thought where everything is allowed". Dette tar jeg med meg i uken som kommer og lar det så et frø til egen skaperglede.

    Takk for det du deler, Annalena. Du er en enorm inspirasjon, du er dyktig og det er en glede å følge deg.

    Ha en fin søndagskveld og en fin uke som kommer.
    Klem fra an-magritt

    SvaraRadera
  2. I ABSOLUTELY agree with you. Sometimes I almost feel overwhelmed by all those beautiful images, pins and posts: there are so many "trendy ideas" I cannot simply cope with them. Today copper and concrete with pink and dark grey shades are the must-do/must-have and I love the shades and reflections and design proposals but ... are they really me? Yes and no.
    That's why I love your house: it has got that timeless feeling of a home, a place that you - you, you I mean - can call home. It's an expression of the real life of someone. So,I would say that, more than a trend, I'm searching for my timeless reality to call home.

    Elena x

    SvaraRadera
  3. Beautiful... love every element... concrete, glass, metals. Nice finds!

    SvaraRadera